My parents built the house I grew up in 1976. I was born in early 1977. They were the first house on the street and that is the excuse to honor my mom, but really it's because she is so fantastic.
There will never be a sweeter and kinder, a more compassionate mother than her. She runs a tidy ship, so as a lazy child and teenager, that was hard to live up to, but I see now how that only led to more peace in the home and I am sure she has always knew that. It seems that Cicada and I get the most tense when our home is out of sorts. There is certainly something there.
She is very wise, my mother.
I love reflecting on how much she has done for me now that I am starting to get what it means to be a parent.
I joke a lot about it, and my dad even said it recently, but I LOOK like him but really inside I am more like her.
I'll take that. There is no higher compliment anyone can give me than that.

That's my 'BFF' Peter acting as Her Majesty's Secret Service.
1 comment:
You just paid me the nicest of compliments. I am glad that you are mine and I am yours. We have lots to still discover and do together. I love you and glad that you are a parent and can see more clearly the big picture and priorities in your life. Enjoy the journey with your family and thanks that I can be included and involved.
Post a Comment