Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Absolute Nunsense










Being at the San Diego museum of Art today had me drawing religious inspired drawings with crayons, and reflecting at lunch about Catholic art and how so many Catholic artists prior to the modern age were basically required to paint for the Catholic church and how limited they may have felt. Maybe they really dug painting religious themed art and as Cicada says, tiny headed baby jesus'










I think most artists including myself feel fortunate whenever we get paid to paint or draw, it's just when I see a work like THIS:









I get so excited for the painter, I'm like good for you, you decided to paint people enjoying a ferris wheel and you did it in an absolutely fresh way. I just wanted to say to the Catholic artists, sorry you got stuck painting nuns...









...and tiny headed baby jesus'


No comments: