During dinner, I was trying to catch her eye and pull a face at her, which is my go-to thing with kids that age, and all the sudden from across the table she locks me in this death stare. It was going on so long that everyone started laughing, but she didn't budge, she just kept staring me down for what felt like several minutes. It was so long in fact, that it gave Melissa a chance to pull out her SLR an take a picture from her angle. My angle was much better. I was instantly reminded of what is known of in film-dom as 'The Kubrick Stare.' Stanley Kubrick, the film director, was fond of having many of his characters look up at the camera or another character with this crazy evil stare. It has been a chilling calling card for his films. I am including Melissa's little girls picture, which she was nice enough to send to me so I could share this moment with you, and also a few of Kubrick's stares for Full Metal Jacket, The Shining, and Clockwork Orange......oh and of the man himself.





2 comments:
It was SO funny to see her stare you down like that! I just wish I had gotten a better angle for the photo. Oh well.
That kid is destined for greatness...or at least to become psychotic. You might want to steer clear just in case.
Awesome.
Post a Comment