Sunday, November 1, 2009

Insert foot.

So last night was Halloween night, and our neighbors stopped by to let their cute little girls trick-or-treat at our house. I honestly can't remember what they were dressed as, but their mother was dressed as the Evil Queen in Disney's Snow White and her husband who is an African American by the way, (there actually is a legitimate reason for pointing this out) came dressed as the black version of Spiderman........(like this)



So I open my mouth and just find myself saying:

"OH! You are the........Spiderman."

I looked down in absolute embarrasment, thinking "You could have said that he is the black Spiderman! That wouldn't have been racist. Even if you said that he was the black Black Spiderman, that would have probably been okay."

"you idiot."

I told Cicada right away after they left because I felt so dumb.

She agreed that I must chronical my stupidity.

And for the record, I adore black people, so there is that.


No comments: