Monday, February 15, 2010

Sarah Palin makes me want to drink Drāno®

  I can't help it, this is my third post about Sarah Palin since I have known about her existence. I normally try to avoid politics on this blog, but to me she transcends politics, and has become out and out, laughable stupidity. I am sorry, but it's true.
First of all, I don't think I am smarter than her or anything, but then again, I don't want to lead the free world. I have been thinking lately about her massive rise in popularity in this country, and it continues to both baffle and enrage me.
  It made me think of the lyrics of Helter Skelter and how you can apply them to her, I love doing this with song lyrics, and it allows me to enjoy songs I love in a new light.  

Anyway, here is my interpretation of Helter Skelter:

(I imagine here that Sarah speaking to the American people of her journey to become VP or President:)

When I get to the bottom 
I go back to the top,
of the slide,
Where I stop and turn
and I go for a ride
Till I get to the bottom and I see you again...

(What I interpret as her having a phony-baloney folksy manner in order to pander to 'tea party' type conservatives. Also, her passive-aggressive elitism by claiming she is and relates to real americans insinuating there are "real" and "fake" Americans.  I don't have an interpretation for the lover, dancer line, these lyric puzzles don't always fit.)  

Do you don't you want me to love you
I'm coming down fast but I'm miles above you
Tell me tell me come on tell me the answer
and you may be a lover but you ain't no dancer...

(Myself speaking about how I feel about the state of things currently, and how she wants me to vote her into office. Again, I got nothing for the dancer, lover thing.)

Go helter skelter
helter skelter
helter skelter
I will you won't you want me to make you
I'm coming down fast but don't let me break you
Tell me tell me tell me the answer
You may be a lover but you ain't no dancer


Look out
Helter skelter
helter skelter
helter skelter
Look out cause here she comes...
(Please, no. Please...no.)

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Sarah Palin Uses a Hand-O-Prompter
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorSkate Expectations


















Oh,  a little tid-bit...Sarah, according to her dad, is not comfortable around Asians or Polynesians, yes, you read that right.

*wink* YOU BETCHA!

2 comments:

libhom said...

Thw Wasilla Wingnut sure is comedy gold.

Ellen said...

i couldn't agree MORE!