I have always loved cool old record players for years but deliberately stayed away from eBay because I could always hear its siren song calling.
Yes, eBay is a record player lover's succubus.
So, because of circumstances relating to marrying Cicada, I have happily and with complete volition traded in my bachelor setup for the much improved feng shui setup that Cicada has implemented in our home.
BUT, it means that the record player no longer can be played though any speakers because the only speakers near it are on the tv.
I have missed playing records very much, and so this has led me to finally cave into my desire for a cool old record player an I am happy to announce it is on its way. This is it.

Soon I will be listening to the romantic pop and hiss that compliments most of my old records so well.
Except maybe George Michael's album FAITH.....but you know what I mean

**UPDATE**
My record player arrived. It is nice, I like it. Cicada is supportive of the fact that I got it and like it, but she is not digging it aesthetically. I see her point, it isn't the prettiest of the ones I have seen out there. So anyway, I don't know where to put it, or if I should even keep it. Anyone out there interested in buying it? Just kidding, I think I will at least keep it and store it until I can show the future young ones how cool record players are/were.
4 comments:
You didn't even mention the three super 9 mm cameras that you somehow acquired in the past week!
Yeah I forget about that.
And sorry to correct, but it's super *8* I mean you are a WHOLE millimeter off, I can't believe it.
Who did I marry?
Whoops! I know they're super 8s. The only thing that was a millimeter off was my finger trying to hit the right key.
I forgive you.
Post a Comment