Monday, June 30, 2008

My Mom thinks I am better than Rothko: an update

So I finished my Rothko last night. I really enjoyed the experience. I feel like I got a sense of how he worked and that it must have been very cathartic for him. I think his work is beautiful and I am now especially regretting not going to a Rothko Chapel on Cicada and I's recent trip to Houston. Oh well.... Anyway, My mom told me last night that she liked my 8-bit version better than the sample of his work in the Wikipedia link I provided in the previous entry, of course my mom would probably tell me I am better looking than Brad Pitt, so you know, she is a good mom.


All I have to show you is a crummy iphone picture of it, but here it is:



3 comments:

Cicada said...

You are better looking than Brad Pitt. And that pink looks more pink in the picture than in reality. Anyway, I think you did a splendid job, even if I am high on fumes right now.

hairofgold said...

I like your version way more than the original. That's what's so great about duplicates, you can perfect the errors of the previous versions.

daltongirl said...

Please don't read my last blog post. You might hate me. And that would make me sad.