Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Boy, oh Boy.......I have a boy.

My Dad apparently said the phrase, 'Boy, oh boy!' when I was born. I was first of he and my Mom's two boys. Now I am happy to announce that I have had the same blessing in my life. Not that I was a blessing....well to my parents I am sure I was. I am just so happy to have him here. I want to do everything for him. It's like, Cicada makes me want to be a better man, HE makes me want to be a great father. I can't really be a better father because I have never been one until January 8th, but I am trying my best, I can tell you that.

The whole experience so far has been indescribably perfect. We are very happy and I finally get why parent say that they (kids) bring you so much joy. I know there are going to be pains that come with that joy, but we are both positive people so I feel like we will get through the pain so we can experience more joy.

Cicada was the model of patient, blissfully even tempered loveliness during the whole pregnancy. I can't believe how lucky I am to have her. She didn't stay quiet like Katie Holmes during the birth though, I have to knock off a few points for that. But seriously, to have a wife that is not a complainer or a nag, especially going through all that she has gone through to get him here, boggles my mind. I love her SO terribly much.

I am excited about little inconsequential, trivial things with having him here now. Well always actually, but now there are new things to be excited about. For example, for some reason I have gotten excited to take Polaroids of him before and after he was born. The only problem is that the American Polaroid company is practically dead and it's really sad, but I looked into it and I was able to be saved by the Japanese with a camera that I ordered off of Ebay that takes credit card sized Polaroids. I have scanned them all together so that you could see.



I won't comment on any, most should be clear enough. Click the preview to see the details, and dust, sorry no time to retouch, and besides, I am off work today, no thanks.

Anyway, I just want to reiterate how incredible it is to have a baby. I highly recommend it.
It is SO choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up........I am lame, quoting Ferris Bueller's Day off in a post about the birth of my son...........oh well. I gotta be me.

9 comments:

Cicada said...

You're the best! And I love all the tiny pictures of our tiny son!

I'll keep quiet for the next birth. But we'll have to work out some sort of sign language for "another ice chip, please."

Melanie said...

What a cute baby! He is such a sweet boy, and so lucky to have you for a Daddy. I Love You!

lynette said...

Boy oh Boy do I love you and your son. Now you know what I have been telling you. I am happy that I have been able to share and enjoy, what a blessing to just look into those sweet eyes. Enjoy every day.

Whitney said...

Congrats! What a great beginning for your little family.

Jordy said...

Congrats daddy-o!

I showed the Zantar video to a friend, and he said, "it's like someone videotaped my dreams."

Amy Marble said...

I'm so happy for both of you! Your little guy is adorable. We're thrilled that everything went well getting him here. Congrats again - we can't wait to see him in person.

emily jeanne said...

wow! I am so happy for you and your growing family! He is beautiful! I love that you are keeping polaroids alive...what camera/film are you talking about?

Sarah said...

It's never inappropriate to quote Ferris! Congratulations, can't wait to meet the widdle guy!

PJC said...

What a cute baby.

You guys are going to be great parents! That kid is going to know everything there is to know about Disney, the Beatles, and super 8 movie making.

No point in stearing now eh! Just enjoy the ride.