I am attending a drawing class, but really it's just an excuse for artists to get together and draw. Cicada has a social outlet through a book and food club, so it's high time I found something similar. It is a Cultural themed class where in all the models represent a different culture. I really enjoyed it although I wasn't able to draw for long on account the model got bored and faked sick so that she wouldn't have to do it for as long as agreed on. How do I know she faked sick? Well, I don't. But considering she asked for a break just prior to that just to, seemingly, check her cell phone AND she told me before the class she did
not want to do it.... I think it's a reasonable guess. At least the man in charge allowed us to take a picture of her so we could finish later. I like to work top down these days, especially to avoid wrinkles in clothes changing.....I only got her head. I put it to black in Photoshop.
Anyway I look forward to other classes. I'll post each drawing, even if it is just an iphone version, which is what this one is.

2 comments:
I'd rather have a model that faked sick and took off early than one that simply can't hold still. In my figure drawing class a few years we had a guy who couldn't hold still for more than about ten seconds. He was constantly fidgeting, scratching his nose, and shifting position. And he completely ignored us when we told him to hold still. After a couple episodes of that we dubbed him Twitch.
I think so often we have talents that go unused because we don't make time. Not that you waste your artistic talent (you're always working on something) but what I like about classes like this is that it forces you to produce things on a consistent basis. Good job! I'm excited to see all the other stuff you'll do in the future!
Post a Comment