Friday, June 12, 2009
I just got a facelift.
Well, my blog just did anyway. I have been wanting to do this for a while. I slowly began to realize, a blog for me has become a nice little keepsake of stuff I care about and it should be presented the way I really want to present it.
I really love certain things, and I can't really explain why, but a couple of those things are diners and delis. There is something about them that is so charming. My friend Collin used to be a manager at Wingers, and even that got me jazzed, hanging out in a diner, albeit a very corporate one. So I started to think, I could depict a diner or deli somehow, and I thought immediately of Carnegie Deli, the most famous of Delis, well, Jewish Delis anyway.
I am happy with the result. It makes me want to write more. I may do a lot more of the, I think this cool, so check it out, kind of thing, like a lot of people I know are doing. For me, that is valuable if even to have a nice record of stuff I liked at that time in my life.
I have a lot of stories I want to share too. I might be motivated in general to write more if I knew if anyone out there wanted me to. Please let me know if that is the case. I am not fishing though, for attention. Ah heck, maybe I am.
Thanks,
Murray Terreno Di Amore

7 comments:
SWEET!!!! I love Jason's Deli. Now I love Murray's Deli!
Way to have major skills. You should go to that one german deli in SLC and tell me if it's any good. I hear it's great
I love the new deli pic, you are an amazing illustrator, and you do tell great stories. I always like keeping up with you. Burbank has lots of cute little deli's, cafes, and oddly enough, hobby shops. The OG Bob's Big Boy is one of the first 'modern' style coffee shops/diners that most everything that has come afterwards has copied. Love reading your blog and watching your little one grow via cicadas blog.
Really cool! You're so talented. Hope things are going great for the three of you!
Very cool Mike. I love the originality in your work!
well, you don't know me...I am a BLOG STALKER. But I need more blogs to read, and I like yours. So go post now!
I lOve this! You are so talented mike
Post a Comment