Sunday, December 6, 2009

An Unpaired Sock

 The title of this post was for a long time, a analogous, excruciating, analyzing, memoir about the pain of broken heart and the aftermath of a lost love. I am happy to say that now,  it is simply about socks.  I guess time does eventually heal all wounds.


So, quite possibly my biggest pet peeve, even ahead of people NOT  knowing how to use the round-a- bouts properly, is the perpetual losing of socks.  Lately I have been like: Screw it.  I am wearing two different socks, sometimes very obviously and I don't really care.  I am THAT fed up.  It's the whole 'where are all the matches to all these socks' after the folding process.

I want to have the same pair for every pair of the week so it's more likely that I will be able to make pairs at the end.

Here are the ones I got:
 




 I got 7 pairs at 3.99 a piece at THE GAP.  I hope this fixes my problem.  Any other suggestions?

2 comments:

Sarah Heder said...

Yes, I do have a suggestion. In the laundry section of the store (Target or wherever), they actually sell a little tool that allows you to keep your socks together so they don't lose the pair. My Mom had them when I was in high school. It was like a hand-cuff w/ teeth inside and you fed the sock through with it's pair. They got cleaned and they were never lost.

Tom Finnigan said...

Little miss matched takes a different approach.. they only sell socks in packs of 3, which are complementary but don't match.

Just controlling expectations, I guess.