Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Child prodigies are awesome, but they make me feel dumber.

I am fascinated by child prodigies of all kinds. I especially love musical child prodigies.

Here is one in particular that is getting all kinds of attention today.

Greyson Michael Chance




I find it extra amazing that as a 6th grader, you can have that much courage in front of your peers. The girls in the background of this video crack me up. Only a couple on the top row seem to be awake enough to realize they are witnessing something special.

Here are a few others I really enjoyed:

Frank "Sugar Chile" Robinson


I wish I could have known this kid. Maybe Gulliver will be this talented, you never know. Anyway, he disappeared from the public eye once he hit puberty and din't resurface until some English fans invited him to London recently for a once in a lifetime concert. Lucky limeys. He has also performed since in Michigan, you can see that here if interested.''

Emily Bear


The video explains it all...amazing.

AND, for good measure

Tallan "T-Man" Latz


B.B. must be proud.

1 comment:

hairofgold said...

I concur. Prodigies are great, but I wouldn't want one for a child.