Monday, February 11, 2008

Olfactory I-15













Last night Cicada and I drove home from visiting family in SLC and we realized towards the end of the drive that our olfactory senses had been attacked several times on the way home.

1. We smelt a stong electrical burning at one point soon after we left. We had to determine if it was the car or outside the car. We believe it was outside the car.

2. We hit a stretch on I-15 around American Fork that I have discovered in the past, unfortunately on a first date, that suddenly the car smells distinctly like a emittance of flatulence. I know it is probably from a near by sulfur plant or something, but come on, in the middle of Utah County?

3. We then realized that the car was filled with dead roadkill skunk...pungent dead roadkill skunk.

4. And just as we were about to get home, another roadkill skunk, albeit less pungent.

Why must our nostrils be besieged by these smell-terrorists?

They hate our freedom.....of nice smells.

I am the decider. I will decide to get a air freshener, and then have a lovely mix of:

Piña Colada / fart / skunk / electrical smell.

3 comments:

Cicada said...

Why not save yourself a drive and just INVENT a Piña Colada / fart / skunk / electrical smell freshener? It doesn't matter what you're passing on the freeway---it just always smells that way. At least then, when we're on dates, you're not stuck wondering if it was me or something outside.

Like there's ever any doubt.

bedelia said...

I know that place in American Fork. horrible. I guess my husband was telling the truth all those times.

daltongirl said...

#2 = my house. Sorry.