Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sorry, you probably don't qualify for the M.T.D.A.B.J.A.S.T.F.R.S.F













Cicada presented a hypothetical situation to me the other day and reminded me of it during lunch today.

It is: I somehow acquire an obscene amount of money before we have kids, (and for the record I don't desire or seek to be rich and rather resent those that do).......but anyway then i die in some manner (I prefer strangulation) (or not) anyway IF it happened.....she asked me how I would want to use the money, really to be remembered.

Remember, in this situation we don't have any kids yet and it is a given that I am leaving her a healthy amount.

So I couldn't think of anything off hand and she suggested that we could send a underprivileged kid through art school. I liked the idea very much and thought it was very noble of her to suggest such an idea.

I only suggested a couple modifications. They represent my love for these two ethnic/racial groups

1. The child must be black.

2. The child must be Jewish.

I was joking of course but the more I got to thinking about it.....there has to be some black-jewish budding artist out there. If anyone learns of one, let me know I will consider him/her for the:

Murray Terreno Di Amore Black Jewish Art School Tuition Full Ride Scholorship Fund

or the: M.T.D.A.B.J.A.S.T.F.R.S.F (if you're into the whole brevity thing.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just found out today that there are black Jews in Ethiopia. Who knew?

Cicada said...

Your legacy will make a difference, Murray. Black Jews everywhere will honor your name.