Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I know exactly how Sally Field felt.

So My 31st birthday was actually good. I didn't dread it, in fact I looked forward to it. Cicada and others made it spectacular. Best birthday ever. Here are some iPhone pictures of my day in the sun.

My work friends showed up in great numbers at my favorite Mexican restaurant in Utah County, Mi Ranchito. The also got me a cake later that day. (and another by mistake on the Monday following my birthday)

My dear wife Cicada, she bought tickets for us to go to a Beatles tribute concert, which was a blast. She also gave me a cruiser bike. Here is the story with that:

I was in a deep sleep Sunday morning and I awoke to the sound: Hahonk -Hahonk!
I looked up from my pillow to see Cicada wheeling in This cool green and white cruiser. It was so sweet of her. I really felt like a little kid again. She also gave me a bunch of other sweet things like two cool belt buckles, of which I will blog about some other time, a Beatles (Abbey Road) t shirt, and a Say Anything inspired T-shirt featuring a 19th century version of John Cusack from Threadless, that I love.

Oh I almost forgot, she got herself a Beatles tote which is pictured below. I don't know why she looks perturbed in the picture. Maybe I take too many pictures of her.

So on Sunday Evening, my family all got together, I don't have pictures handy of that event, anyway, that was great too.

Every year on account of St Patrick's and my birthday, my mom makes me (and everyone) Corned Beef and Cabbage and red potatoes. I also am quite liberal with yellow mustard during this particular meal.

Anyway, I loved my birthday and I thank everyone that made it so great. I feel like..... a special young man. Yes, a special young man.













3 comments:

Cicada said...

I like you! Right now, I really like you!

Unknown said...

Holy crap. The candles on that cake look like some kind of nuclear inferno.

Sarah Heder said...

Oh my gosh! The moment you described of the cruiser bike being presented to you is my dream. I have been asking Dan for a bike for so long and have yet to get it. But if I ever do get it, that's how I want to receive it. Good story. Plus, it was fun to see pictures of people from work. Your wife is amazing!