We talked about a This American Life episode about a couple that adopts a 7 year old kid from Romania that was raised in a crib his whole life and he never even got to go outside. Anyway, the story is a fascinating one, I would look into it if I were you.
We made our way to The Depot to see The Swell Season which is a band comprised of stars of the movie Once, Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová.
The problem was that they make you stand mostly at the Depot, and we stood for 2 hours waiting for them to come out. I am of the opinion that this is intended to build anticipation so that you appreciate it more, the problem is that when you stand for such a long time it begins to make you resent them a bit more for making you wait so long.
Here is the view we saw whilst waiting.
We had finally had enough and we decided to go upstairs to see if we could sit down somewhere. I ended up snaking a couple chairs that I wasn't supposed to which made me feel rebellious and cool. Anyways we looked at the back of the people sitting on higher chairs while the duo finally came out to perform.
Here is the view of that with my iPhone held above the heads of the people sitting in front of us.
At this point, Cicada was really tired and opted to sleep against me. We heard about 5 songs and then it was apparent that staying any longer was just cruel to Cicada and so we left the concert.
On the way home I listened to the This American Life episode we had talked about earlier in the evening and I reflected about my life with Cicada and the fact that I am so happy to have her and all the swell times that lay ahead.
8 comments:
Thanks for not mentioning the swell in my uterus. Wait, did I just...?
You just outed OUR baby on MY blog, I am honored.
Congrats Murray and Cicada!! YAY!
Wow, you guys are having a baby? That's awesome!
I was totally at that concert too! Did you stay long enough to hear the freaky "We Come From the Dark" story?
Yeah, wondered if anyone would pick up the swell bit. I think Cicada cheated though, on account of she already had insider information.
I am so jealous that you saw the people from Once perform. Dan and I saw that movie on a date night and I was in love with it. I could not stop listening to the soundtrack for months after the movie came out. LOVE IT!
First off, apologies for reading your blog uninvited. Secondly, Once - fantastic film, great music. Thirdly, I think you sort of resemble the man on the right in this picture: http://shop.lomography.com/lca+/gallery/index.php?album=1&image=11
Fourthly, congrats (again) to you both.
Sorry, http://tinyurl.com/5l98mn.
Post a Comment