Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Peter the Great

So, I was looking through Cicada's blog for reminiscing purposes and I saw a picture of Gulliver and me and Peter and his little boy, and I realized something. Here are two babies, born roughly the same months a part from each other as Peter and I were, Pete being older, and they may or not be good friends some day. Peter and I met when we were 2. He moved in next door to me, and that was it. We found a shared love for all things imagination, especially Star Wars. It has been great having him as such an old and good friend.

Anyway, it made me think, hey, I have a picture of us that was taken not 20 feet from where we are standing in the later picture. This is on the first day of school. I was particularly happy about having my very own Superman school bag, which you can't see here...I'm on the right in the kid picture.) Anyway, I can still remember very clearly how much I loved that bag, and how much I loved Superman. It's funny how simple a boy's tastes are.

Anyway, just wanted to give a 'tip of my hat' to Peter, and his cute future pal of Gulliver.


2 comments:

Cicada said...

I love those little boy bellies! Hmm. Time to start looking for real estate in Peter's neighborhood again...

PJC said...

I love that picture of our first day of school. That brings back a flood of so many great memories. Murray helped shape my life as much as anybody in this life. You don't have a best friend from the age of 2 on and not have him have a part in making you what you've become.

I do hope that our boys can have a friendship like ours. Thinking about all of the good times we had gives me hope for those little guys and what kind of life they can enjoy if they end up with a friendship like ours.